Company is a controller of the PII it processes in relation to its customers (i.e. users of the Services), vendors, service providers or partners.
YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH PII, HOWEVER, USE OF THE SERVICES REQUIRES THAT YOU PROVIDE PII. IF YOU CHOOSE TO WITHHOLD ANY PII REQUIRED IN RESPECT THEREOF, IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO USE THE SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
“PII” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It.
Summary: We collect personal data about the users of the Services. We also collect personal data included in publicly available sources.
We use PII to provide and improve our Services, and to meet our contractual, ethical and legal obligations.
In order to provide and operate our Services and provide services in connection therewith, we collect and process PII, including the following types of information:
- Your Information. When you register to use the Services we ask you to provide PII, including: email address
- Usage Information. When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, browser identifiers, internet service provider, connection speed, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all of the PII identified in this Section in order to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, including recent visits to our Services and how you move around different sections of our Services for analytics purposes and in order to make our Services more intuitive.
- User Communications. When you send emails or other communications to the Company, we retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We will send you newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of the list at any time by submitting a request at the following link.
- Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of the Services, we may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents, suppliers and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. We also use aggregate data for monetization.
In order to collect the data described herein we use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser/device until the Company’s Services are removed, in order to manage and maintain the Services and record your use of the Services. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser/device. Most browsers/devices allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. You may set most browsers/devices to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or “gifs”, are electronic images that are used in our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Personalized and Interest Based Ads. Our Services may include interest based ads, which means advertisements we believe that may be valuable to you, based on the PII provided to us. Such ads may be placed by us or our third party affiliates and service providers.
- Automated Decision-Making. In order to offer you personalized features through the Services, we use automated decision-making based on the method and nature of your use of the Services.
- If you are a child under the age of 16, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 16 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Information Sharing.
Summary: We transfer your PII to third parties who assist us in providing the Services. We have a contract with those third parties to govern their processing on our behalf. We may also transfer PII to comply with any obligations by which we are bound or to an investor or in connection with a merger or acquisition or similar transaction.
- Data Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Data Retention.
Summary: We retain PII only for as long as necessary to meet our legal and ethical obligations, which for different types of PII will be different periods.
- Company will retain PII in accordance with its record retention policy. PII associated with the users of the Services will be retained until requested to be deleted. Company performs periodic reviews of our databases, and have established specific time limits for data retention, based on the criticality of the PII and the purposes of the data processing. We will also retain PII to meet any audit, compliance and business best-practices.
- Rights of Data Subjects.
- Right of Access and Rectification. Data subjects have the right to know what PII we collect about them and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow data subjects the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask data subjects to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify their PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. Data subjects have the right to delete their PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny such requests if the PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. Data subjects have the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of their PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing the PII based on consent obtained before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, data subjects have the right to ask to transfer their PII in accordance with their right to data portability, if required pursuant to applicable law.
Data subjects may exercise the above rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to Lodge Complaint. Data subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of their PII.
- Do Not Track Notices. You are also advised that Company does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Last Date Updated: July 26, 2021.