In League of Legends, the Yordle are a race of spirits taking the appearance of tiny mammalian bipeds and usually stay in a mystical place called Bandle City. Although some have ventured out to live throughout Runeterra, and one of those Yordles is Kennen.
Kennen is the only Yordle member of the Kinkou order, acting as the enforcer of Ionian balance. Despite his small stature, Kennen’s eager to face any threat with a storm of shurikens and limitless eagerness.
Alongside his master Shen, Kennen roams throughout the spirit realm, using his lethal electrical energy to face his foes.
Who is Kennen?
Kennen is the longest-standing member of the ancient Kinkou Order and the only Yordle in the organization, serving as the first and sole Heart of The Tempest.
At a young age, Kennen was intrigued by the Kinkou Order. As a creature of the spirit and material realm, Kennen proposed that he was the best choice to become the arbiter.
The Kinkou order accepted his wisdom. For centuries, Kennen used diplomacy and force to maintain the balance of Ionia.
As part of the new triumvirate, Kennen passed judgment on how the people could preserve the sacred balance, and his friendliness and diplomacy kept the Kinkou in harmony.
Now, Kennen aims to protect the harmony of the First Lands with his shurikens and lethal electrical energy.
Kennen's Skills and abilities
Kenne is a Specialist Mage Champion commonly played on the baron lane, playing a vital role in team fights as the initiator or control. He’s an S-tier team fight pick.
Although Kennen’s a relatively easy-to-play champion, he’s challenging to master. He scales with mainly his abilities. He can turn the tides of most team fights, given the opportunity to do so with his unique spells.
Here’s a closer look at Kennen’s skills and abilities:
Mark of the Storm: This passive skill lets Kennen’s abilities apply a stack to affected enemy units for 6 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. The duration of the effect refreshes upon using the second stack.
When you’ve applied three stacks to an enemy unit, the stacks are consumed, stunning them for 1.25 seconds and while restoring 25 energy.
Thundering Shuriken: When activated, Kennen will throw a charge shuriken in a target location, inflicting magic damage to the first foe it hits.
Passive: This passive skill grants Kennen a stack of Electrical Surge on-attack, and it can stack up to four times. When you reach four stacks, Kennen’s subsequent basic attacks on-hit will consume all Electrical Surge stacks.
It will then deal bonus magic damage and apply Mark of the Storm to an enemy unit.
Active: When casting Electrical Surge, Kennen will send out a surge of electricity to surrounding enemy units afflicted by Mark of the Storm or Slicing Maelstrom—inflicting magic damage.
Enemy units afflicted by either Mark of the Storm of Slicing Maelstrom need to cast their abilities to be affected.
Lightning Rush: Casting Lightning Rush lets Kennen transform into a pure ball of electricity, disabling his basic attacks while in effect. However, Kennen becomes ghosted and gains 100% bonus movement speed for 2 seconds.
You can recast Lightning Rush after 0,5 seconds for its duration and automatically does so after its period.
While in his transformed state, Kennen can deal magic damage to all enemy units he passes through. He can restore 40 energy if he damages at least one enemy.
Recast: When recasting Lightning Rush, Kennen will end it and gain bonus attack speed for four seconds. You can use this recast even when under crowd control.
Slicing Maelstrom: When activated, Kennen will summon a Shuriken Storm, a magic storm around himself for three seconds.
While in effect, Kennen gains bonus armor and magic resistance alongside “striking” bolts of lightning down on surrounding enemy units every 0.5 seconds. Each lightning bolt can deal magic damage to each enemy hit.
Slicing Maelstrom applies a Mark of the Storm effect, which maxes out at 3 per unit. Additionally, it can inflict 10% increased damage with each successful strike against a foe, up to a maximum of 150% in one strike.
tIPS AND TRICKS
Kennen is a Yordle and hybrid damage top-laner. Since he’s a ranged champion, he can harass most top-laners. He bases his damage on his auto-attacks and spells, so you’ll need to master both aspects to get the most out of this champion.
Here are tips and tricks to help you get better at using this small yet deadly champion:
- Stun enemy units by inflicting three of Kenne’s Mark of the Storm
- You can land the first Mark of the Storm debuff on an enemy unit using Thundering Shuriken—and add it with Electrical Surge for max damage.
- It’s best to use Thundering Shuriken to finish off enemy minions early on.
- You can charge Kennen’s Electrical Surge to start enemy harassment.
- Since Kennen can be “squishy,” tactically think of what to do before attempting to use charged basic attacks, such as covering behind minions or using it from the brushes.
- When enemy units are on the second Mark, activate Electrical Surge to finalize a stun—or kill them altogether.
- You can use Lightning Rush to engage or escape enemy units.
- It’s best to use Slicing Maelstrom in clearing enemy waves as he can pass through enemy minions. Finish off with Electrical Surge.
- Kennen’s Slicing Maelstrom applies three Mark of the Storm debuffs on individual enemy champions.
- Slicing Maelstrom lets Kennen use other skills to give more stun after the initial one.
- You can use Slicing Maelstrom in team fight initiation, and best followed by Lightning Rush to pass through enemy units while attaining good positioning.
- Liandry’s Torment is an essential item as it can synergize with Kennen’s passive perfectly.
- Since Kennen doesn’t need mana, focus on damage items like Doran’s Blade or Cull.
- Zhonya’s Hourglass is crucial when using Slicing Maelstrom so Keneen can survive in team fights better.
- Rabandon’s Deathcap is an excellent rune to increase Kennen’s magic damage.
- For extra health, use Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, providing a decent AP and good slow effect.
- You can shorten Kennen’s cooldowns with Hextech Protbelt-01 and dash through combat or Banshee’s Veil.
- Although Trinity Force isn’t such a popular choice, it can enhance Kennen’s damage and ability, which is crucial since he relies on both.
Like all the best things in life – Buff is The only thing you share with us is your gaming activity, and even that is anonymous.
Generally speaking, you won’t feel the Buff app running in the background.
Our goal is for Buff is to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at email@example.com and we will do our best to assist you.
Well, this is our secret sauce. We have our AI-based algorithm that collects data, calculates statistical probabilities and generates the reward allocation accordingly, but the logic is for rewards to be based on in-game achievements. For example, the better your KDA ratio in LoL, the more Buff coins you will earn. On top of that, victories or defeats in team matches will influence your rewards.
BUFF premium is a monthly subscription at the expense of &1.99 per month. BUFF premium gives you special benefits as an extra 20% to your earnings, 200 BUFF COINS every month, Special Marketplace items, Special promotions, Dedicated Discord channel, Special Raffles, and more features to come…
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64bit), Windows 8 and Windows 10 (Windows Vista and XP are no longer supported)
- 50MB on your hard drive.
- In-game support: DirectX8, DirectX9, DirectX11 and OpenGL
- Microsoft .Net 4.5.
- CPU – If your computer runs your game, it will run Buff with it.
- RAM – At least 4GB of RAM (Recommended: 8GB)
Our goal is for Buff to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.